Best Mountain bikes under $1000, have come a long way from the rigid frame of the ancient times and now come with a variety types of suspension, a hard tail and a full suspension bike. They now also come with disc brakes and a variation of wheel sizes.
Mountain bikes come with a range of wheel sizes, and they come with their benefits and unique style points, these include:
- 26″ wheels, this smaller wheels and tire size has been around the world for many years, this is the easiest bike to ride on and off-road, and taking technical courses and tight turns with ease.
- 27.5″ / 650b wheels, a new wheel size to the UK market, this wheel size comes into its own on those technical courses, along with its running speed. The 27.5″ / 650b wheels have been selected by Scott & Giant as the future bike for mountain biking, but they still offer all wheel sizes.
- 29″ wheels, this wheel size has also been selected as the future wheel size and can be found throughout their range. This wheel size is ideal for uneven path and allowing you to cycle much faster than on the 26″ wheels.
Best Mountain Bikes
People often get confused while choosing the mountain bikes because it is hard to choose the one you need with the one you like, but mountain bikes are actually easy to choose.
So here is a little help to choose the best mountain bike for yourself:
- Know your riding style, your riding style can help you choose the bike selection to relevant models easily. Choose the general trail bikes, if you are still not sure.
- Know your budget, usually basic models start around $500 but lighter than the others, faster models with full suspension and higher end components can easily exceed $3,000.
- Test ride several bikes, try riding several bikes to choose which one is more comfortable for you.
Best Mountain Bike Brands
Mountain bikes are specified and advertised by many brands. Knowing the specification and the brands can help you make a more informed choice easily. The brands include Cannondale, Diamondback, GT, Marin, Novara, Raleigh, and Scott.
Here are two types of suspension to help you choose the brands easily:
Hardtails have a suspension fork that attached to the front wheel only (a single arm which called a “lefty” on some Cannondale models). Front suspension can reduce your hand and arm fatigue. High-end bikes use air sprung forks that are lighter and more adjustable.
Choose a hard tail bike, if you want an affordable first mountain bike, bike for occasional trail used or bike for advancing your riding skills.
- Full Suspension
On a full suspension bike, both wheels are suspended. The front wheel suspended like a hard tail bike. This bike has more bike control for the rider to use it at higher speed while on the difficult terrain. It can decreases the exhaustion of the rider and also increase comfort to the rider that’s why it is more pricey than the hard tail bike
Choose a full suspension bike, if you want to feel painless on both your muscles and joints and a full suspension bike is a bike dedicated to a dirt trail riding.
What is Mountain Bikes?
While mountain biking is the sport of riding bicycles off-road whether it is fun off-road, extreme off-road or an adventure off-road. To do this sport, we have to use a specially designed Mountain Bike. So A Mountain Bike or Mountain Bicycle is a bicycle created for traveling on off-road. These bikes have the same similarities with other bikes, but they incorporate features designed to enhance durability and performance in rough terrain.
Mountain Bikes are super versatile. Mountain bikes can be ridden on fire roads, logging roads and other unpaved environments such as mountain trails. The types of terrain include loose sand, loose gravel, steep grades, rocks, roots, and washouts. Mountain bikes can be used to load foodstuffs too.
Giant Mountain Bikes
Giant Manufacturing Co. Ltd. known as the world’s largest bicycle manufacturer. Giant has manufacturing bicycles in several countries such as Taiwan, the Netherlands, and China.
Giant Mountain Bikes are ridden by professionals riders alike, at every level of the sport. Giant Mountain Bike has the deliver the latest technology whether it is XC, enduro, trail-riding or downhill. Hard tails and full-suspension bikes Giant created technologically advanced frames in carbon. Both men’s and women’s Giant bikes are available so everyone can hit the trail in confidence.
Mountain Bike Shoes
Mountain Bike Shoes are shoes that specially made for biking. Mountain Bike shoes have in common with casual cycling shoes, both of them use two slot clear mounting system. It has a great shoe sole for the rider to run, to push or to carry the bike confidently. These shoes have attachment of two screws spikes in the toe area especially for even more traction whether in steep trails or mud.